Naples Seaboard Air Line Railway Station
The depot was built in 1927 when the Coast Air Line Railroad (through its Seaboard-All Florida Train subsidiary) created its line to. It was made in the exact same Mediterranean Rebirth design the Seaboard Air Line utilized with its stations in Delray Beach, Deerfield Coastline, Hialeah, as well as Homestead on the southeast coast of Florida (which were developed around the exact same time), and also is virtually identical to the Hialeah depot. The terminal just briefly saw Seaboard Air Line traveler solution in the late 1920s before the railway minimized its line to Naples to freight solution only in 1933. Coast ended freight solution in the 1940s. Throughout The Second World War, the depot was additionally home to USO shows for soldiers based at the nearby Naples airfield
By 1944, the Atlantic Shore Line Railroad got both the depot and also the Seaboard tracks to Naples after Seaboard discontinued solution. The Atlantic Shore Line connected the previous Seaboard track to their Fort Myers Southern Branch near Vanderbilt Beach, as well as resumed traveler service to the depot after an eleven-year absence. This makes it only one of the few railway depots to have actually been run by both the Atlantic Coastline Line and the Seaboard Air Line individually before their merging. The Atlantic Coast Line’s previous depot in Naples was located at the northeast corner of Radio Road and also Airport-Pulling Road near Naples Airport, which was then shut as well as at some point knocked down in the 1970s. It is near the Revs Institute.
Paradoxically, the Coast brand name returned to the depot in 1967 when the Atlantic Coastline Line merged with the Coast Air Line which ended up being the Coast Line Railroad. Guest solution finished in 1971 when national passenger rail was taken control of by Amtrak. On September 10, 1974, the depot was contributed to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. Freight solution was stopped forever in the late 1970s, and also the nearby tracks were removed in 1979.